Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon 2017
Are you passionate about women’s rights? Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable women around the world?
This is your chance to take a stand.
Sign up for the Royal Parks Half Marathon with Feed the Minds. You will be running in solidarity with women across the world and supporting life-saving education projects for women in Pakistan and Nepal.
The difference you will make
Nearly 1,000 women die every day from preventable causes related to their pregnancy. It’s 2017, and we find this simply unacceptable. You can join us in our fight to save the lives of women and babies when they are at their most vulnerable.
Of the 750 million non-literate people in the world, two-thirds are women. Not only does this mean they lack the basic literacy skills to read and write, crucially they may not be able to care for themselves or their peers during pregnancy and birth.
By supporting Feed the Minds, you will help women who have missed out on an education to gain new skills, grow in confidence and create a healthier life for themselves and their children.
When you raise at least £350, you will bring us closer to our goal to improve the health of mothers in over 300 villages in Pakistan and Nepal, through education. You will:
- Support women to gain new skills and lead healthier lives, by linking literacy with training in nutrition, hygiene and vaccinations.
- Train community midwives to support women through pregnancy, birth and their babies’ early years.
- Give women a stronger voice, by helping to form Women Health Committees to advocate for improvements to health facilities in their communities.
Sign up for the Royal Parks Half Marathon today:
The Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon is a stunning 13.1 mile route that takes in the capital’s world-famous landmarks on closed roads.
As the only half marathon run in Central London, the route passes through four of London’s eight Royal Parks – Hyde Park, The Green Park, St James’s Park and Kensington Gardens.
The event is always a sell out and we have limited places, so register early to avoid disappointment.
- Date: Sunday 8th October 2017
- Registration fee: £35
- Minimum fundraising target: £350
Benefits of running with us
Running for Feed the Minds will be a unique and memorable experience. Whether you are an experienced runner or a first timer, we will be with you every step of the way.
You will receive:
- Frequent training and fundraising support
- A personalised Feed the Minds running vest
- Specially selected cheering spots en route, where friends and family are welcome to join
To find out more about the event or the work of Feed the Minds, get in touch today:
- 020 3752 5802
Highlights from previous Royal Parks Half Marathons: